Purpose: The purpose of the sponsor a new member initiative is to provide GRSA membership access to new members who are not currently engaged in GRSA and to eliminate any financial barriers associated with membership costs for new members. This initiative will also serve to connect new members with their sponsor to provide opportunities for mentorship, appreciation, and social connection.
How It Works:
How It Works:
- Member donates to the GRSA General Fund on the GRSA store (linked below).
*Sponsors: please select location funds for “Sponsor a New Member”.
- Funds are received and marked in a separate line item under the General Fund Donation budget.
- New (requesting) member completes the need-based membership request form (linked below) to request a membership award.
- Funds are awarded as they are available, first come, first served unless they are designated for specific new members.
- Following acceptance of the award, new member completes membership application on GRSA website and is added to GRSA membership list.
- New member and sponsoring member are connected via email.
GRSA Members! If you have a campus recreation related state/regional event, position announcement, etc. you would like to be added to the calendar or shared to our GRSA listserv, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with additional information.